This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant client at 20 weeks' gestation comes to the clinic for her prenatal visit. Which of the ... (Read 52 times)

crazycityslicker

A pregnant client at 20 weeks' gestation comes to the clinic for her prenatal visit. Which of the following client statements would indicate a need for further assessment?

a. I hate it when the baby moves.b. I've started calling my mom every day.c. My partner and I can't stop talking about the baby.d. I still don't know much time I'm going to take off work after the baby comes.

Question 2

A first-time father is experiencing couvade syndrome. He is likely to exhibit which of the following symptoms or behaviors?

a. Urinary frequency
  b. Hypotension
  c. Bradycardia
  d. Prostatic hypertrophy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rleezy04

Answer to Question 1

ANS: a
Feedback
a. Experiencing quickening as unpleasant may be a sign of maladaptation to pregnancy and needs further assessment by the nurse.
b. This is an expected finding in maternal adaptation and development of the maternal role.
c. This is an expected finding in maternal adaptation and development of the maternal role.
d. At 20 weeks' gestation, the client still has plenty of time to process this decision.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: a
Feedback
a. Urinary frequency is a common symptom of couvade.
b. The father's blood pressure is not usually affected.
c. The father's heart rate is not usually affected.
d. Prostatic changes are not related to couvade.

crazycityslicker

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library