This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant client at 20 weeks' gestation comes to the clinic for her prenatal visit. Which of the ... (Read 53 times)

crazycityslicker

A pregnant client at 20 weeks' gestation comes to the clinic for her prenatal visit. Which of the following client statements would indicate a need for further assessment?

a. I hate it when the baby moves.b. I've started calling my mom every day.c. My partner and I can't stop talking about the baby.d. I still don't know much time I'm going to take off work after the baby comes.

Question 2

A first-time father is experiencing couvade syndrome. He is likely to exhibit which of the following symptoms or behaviors?

a. Urinary frequency
  b. Hypotension
  c. Bradycardia
  d. Prostatic hypertrophy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rleezy04

Answer to Question 1

ANS: a
Feedback
a. Experiencing quickening as unpleasant may be a sign of maladaptation to pregnancy and needs further assessment by the nurse.
b. This is an expected finding in maternal adaptation and development of the maternal role.
c. This is an expected finding in maternal adaptation and development of the maternal role.
d. At 20 weeks' gestation, the client still has plenty of time to process this decision.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: a
Feedback
a. Urinary frequency is a common symptom of couvade.
b. The father's blood pressure is not usually affected.
c. The father's heart rate is not usually affected.
d. Prostatic changes are not related to couvade.

crazycityslicker

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

parshano

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library