This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a health maintenance visit an adolescent states, I have no friends in my new school, and I no ... (Read 65 times)

Capo

During a health maintenance visit an adolescent states, I have no friends in my new school, and I no longer want to go to college. I know I will be lonely there, too. Which is the priority nursing action?

1. Stressing the importance of remaining in a close parentchild relationship during these stressful times
  2. Promoting healthy mental health outcomes
  3. Acknowledging the fact that it takes several months to make new friends at a new school due to adolescent exclusion behaviors
  4. Helping the adolescent realize the value of postsecondary education

Question 2

What should be considered as potentially infectious when providing care to a newborn of a client who is HIV positive? Select all that apply.

1. Feces
  2. Urine
  3. Blood
  4. Soiled linens
  5. Feeding bottle

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Joy Chen

Answer to Question 1

Explanation:
1. The parentchild relationship should not be used as a substitute for the development of new peer relationships.
2. The adolescent is obviously lonely with the move to the new school. The nurse should focus on appropriate coping skills, which will enhance good mental health outcomes for the child.
3. It would be more upsetting to the adolescent if the nurse made this comment.
4. It would not be appropriate to discuss the importance of a college education at this time because the adolescent must deal with the loss of friends and with developing new friends first.

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 3, 4
Explanation:
1. Body fluids such as feces are considered potentially infectious.
2. Body fluids such as urine are considered potentially infectious.
3. Body fluids such as blood are considered potentially infectious.
4. Because body fluids are considered potentially infectious, soiled linens are also potentially infectious.
5. A feeding bottle is not identified as being potentially infectious.

Capo

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library