This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a health maintenance visit an adolescent states, I have no friends in my new school, and I no ... (Read 67 times)

Capo

During a health maintenance visit an adolescent states, I have no friends in my new school, and I no longer want to go to college. I know I will be lonely there, too. Which is the priority nursing action?

1. Stressing the importance of remaining in a close parentchild relationship during these stressful times
  2. Promoting healthy mental health outcomes
  3. Acknowledging the fact that it takes several months to make new friends at a new school due to adolescent exclusion behaviors
  4. Helping the adolescent realize the value of postsecondary education

Question 2

What should be considered as potentially infectious when providing care to a newborn of a client who is HIV positive? Select all that apply.

1. Feces
  2. Urine
  3. Blood
  4. Soiled linens
  5. Feeding bottle

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Joy Chen

Answer to Question 1

Explanation:
1. The parentchild relationship should not be used as a substitute for the development of new peer relationships.
2. The adolescent is obviously lonely with the move to the new school. The nurse should focus on appropriate coping skills, which will enhance good mental health outcomes for the child.
3. It would be more upsetting to the adolescent if the nurse made this comment.
4. It would not be appropriate to discuss the importance of a college education at this time because the adolescent must deal with the loss of friends and with developing new friends first.

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 3, 4
Explanation:
1. Body fluids such as feces are considered potentially infectious.
2. Body fluids such as urine are considered potentially infectious.
3. Body fluids such as blood are considered potentially infectious.
4. Because body fluids are considered potentially infectious, soiled linens are also potentially infectious.
5. A feeding bottle is not identified as being potentially infectious.

Capo

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

apple

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library