Author Question: The nurse is caring for a 7-year-old diagnosed with pinworms. The nurse teaches the child's ... (Read 27 times)

saliriagwu

The nurse is caring for a 7-year-old diagnosed with pinworms. The nurse teaches the child's caregiver about proper treatment and prevention of future infections. Which caregiver statement indicates a need for further teaching?

A) I always have to remind him to wash his hands before eating.
  B) We just bought a washer and dryer, and the hot water works well.
  C) Thank goodness my other children and I are not sick too.
  D) He hates having his nails trimmed but I will insist they are kept short.

Question 2

The caregivers of a child newly diagnosed with diabetes express concern that they won't remember the different signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. What should the nurse do?

A) Instruct them to treat the reaction as if it's hypoglycemia, which is more likely
  B) Repeat the signs and symptoms over and over until they seem to understand
  C) Suggest that the child wear an insulin pump for continuous insulin administration
  D) Give the caregivers educational pamphlets and videos about diabetes

Danny Ewald

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library