This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is doing nutrition teaching with a group of caregivers of children of all ages. Which ... (Read 33 times)

lbcchick

The nurse is doing nutrition teaching with a group of caregivers of children of all ages. Which statement made by a caregiver would require follow-up by the nurse?

A) Eating too much could affect my child's ability to do some activities.
  B) If my child has good nutrition she won't get childhood illnesses.
  C) I ate healthy as a child and that has a lot to do with the way I eat now.
  D) My children are at various ages and they all have different daily requirements.

Question 2

The nurse is interviewing the family caregiver of a 10-year-old child. The caregiver has three other children with her and one of them refers to her as mama. Which question should the nurse ask to determine this family's structure?

A) Do all of these children have the same father?
  B) Who all lives in your home?
  C) Are you the grandmother of any of these children?
  D) I don't see that you are wearing a wedding ring, are you married?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jsm54321

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B

jsm54321

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library