This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is counseling an adolescent, in her second month of pregnancy, about the risk of teratogens. ... (Read 24 times)

Sportsfan2111

A nurse is counseling an adolescent, in her second month of pregnancy, about the risk of teratogens. The adolescent has understood the teaching if she makes which statement?

a. I will be able to continue taking isotretinoin (Accutane) for my acne.
  b. I can continue to clean my cat's litter box.
  c. I should avoid any alcoholic beverages.
  d. I will ask my physician to adjust my phenytoin (Dilantin) dosage.

Question 2

What should the nurse consider when discussing language development with parents of toddlers?

a. Sentences by toddlers include adverbs and adjectives.
  b. The toddler expresses himself or herself with verbs or combination words.
  c. The toddler uses simple sentences.
  d. Pronouns are used frequently by the toddler.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xthemafja

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Teratogens are agents that cause birth defects when present in the prenatal period. Avoidance of alcoholic beverages is recommended to prevent fetal alcohol syndrome. Isotretinoin (Accutane) and phenytoin (Dilantin) have been shown to have teratogenic effects and should not be taken during pregnancy. Cytomegalovirus, an infection agent and a teratogen, can be transmitted through cat feces, and cleaning the litter box during pregnancy should be avoided.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The first parts of speech used are nouns, sometimes verbs (e.g., go), and combination words (e.g., bye-bye). Responses are usually structurally incomplete during the toddler period. The preschool child begins to use adjectives and adverbs to qualify nouns followed by adverbs to qualify nouns and verbs. Pronouns are not added until the later preschool years. By the time children enter school, they are able to use simple, structurally complete sentences that average five to seven words.

Sportsfan2111

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Gracias!

Viet Thy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library