This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is working with an adolescent mother and her newborn. As the nurse begins to gather the ... (Read 26 times)

lak

The nurse is working with an adolescent mother and her newborn. As the nurse begins to gather the supplies needed to bathe the infant, the adolescent tells the nurse, I'm really scared that I won't take care of my baby correctly.

My mother says I'll probably hurt the baby because I'm too young to be a mother. The best response by the nurse is:
  1. You are very young, and parenting will be a challenge for you.
  2. Your mother was probably right. Be very careful with your baby.
  3. Mothers have instincts that kick in when they get their babies home.
  4. We can give the baby's bath together. I'll help you learn how to do it.

Question 2

A change in skin color requires further assessment of which of the following physiological functions?

1. Oxygenation
  2. Bilirubin levels
  3. Glucose levels
  4. Hematocrit
  5. Blood pressure

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

frogdreck123456

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Although this statement is true, it does not teach the patient anything or increase her confidence in being able to care for her infant.
Rationale 2: This statement is very judgmental and does not teach the patient anything or increase her confidence in being able to care for her infant.
Rationale 3: Maternal instincts might indeed exist, but this patient has expressed a specific fear about being a safe mother. It is best to work with her to teach her skills and increase her confidence.
Rationale 4: This response is best because it both teaches the new mother skills she does not have and increases her confidence.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,2,3,4
Global Rationale: Changes in skin color may indicate the need for closer assessment of temperature, cardiopulmonary status, hematocrit, glucose, and bilirubin.

lak

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

adammoses97

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library