This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has decided to use the NuvaRing vaginal contraceptive ring as her method of contraception. ... (Read 28 times)

strangeaffliction

A patient has decided to use the NuvaRing vaginal contraceptive ring as her method of contraception. Which statement suggests the patient needs further instruction?

1. I do not need to be examined in order to determine the contraceptive ring size that is correct for me.
  2. Every three months, I will need to remove the contraceptive ring and replace it with a new one.
  3. When I store my replacement rings, I should keep them in my refrigerator.
  4. The contraceptive ring provides a sustained release of low-dose contraceptive.

Question 2

A patient comes to the clinic complaining of severe menstrual cramps. She has never been pregnant, has been diagnosed with ovarian cysts, and has had an intrauterine device (IUD) for two years. The most likely cause for the patient's complaint is:

1. Primary dysmenorrhea.
  2. Secondary dysmenorrhea.
  3. Menorrhagia.
  4. Hypermenorrhea.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

InfiniteSteez

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: One size of the NuvaRing fits virtually all women.
Rationale 2: The ring is left in place for 3 weeks and then removed for 1 week to allow for withdrawal bleeding.
Rationale 3: Replacement rings should be kept in the refrigerator to maintain integrity.
Rationale 4: The contraceptive ring provides a low-dose, sustained-release hormonal contraceptive.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: Primary dysmenorrhea is defined as cramps without underlying disease.
Rationale 2: Secondary dysmenorrhea is associated with pathology of the reproductive tract and usually appears after menstruation has been established. Conditions that most frequently cause secondary dysmenorrhea include ovarian cysts and the presence of an intrauterine device.
Rationale 3: Menorrhagia is excessive, profuse flow.
Rationale 4: Hypermenorrhea is an abnormally long menstrual flow.

strangeaffliction

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
:D TYSM

raenoj

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library