This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse provides discharge instructions to a patient following a vasectomy. Which statement ... (Read 9 times)

dmcintosh

The nurse provides discharge instructions to a patient following a vasectomy. Which statement indicates that further teaching is required?

a. I am so glad that I will never have to use a condom again.
  b. I will continue to use condoms until my semen contains zero sperm.
  c. Pregnancy is possible for several more weeks.
  d. I will keep ice on my scrotum to reduce swelling.

Question 2

A man smokes two packs of cigarettes a day. He asks the nurse whether smoking can contribute to infertility. The nurse's best response is:

a. Your sperm count is satisfactory.
  b. Smoking can lead to lung cancer, but it has no effect on sperm.
  c. Only marijuana cigarettes affect sperm count.
  d. Smoking can decrease the quality of sperm.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CharlieArnold

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Until sperm are cleared from the vas deferens, pregnancy remains a possibility and a backup method of birth control should be used.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Use of tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs can decrease quality and quantity of sperm.

dmcintosh

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Excellent

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library