This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A health care provider prescribes hydroxyzine (Atarax), 0.6 mg/kg PO every 4 to 6 hours as needed ... (Read 27 times)

mwit1967

A health care provider prescribes hydroxyzine (Atarax), 0.6 mg/kg PO every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pruritus for a child with Kawasaki disease.

The medication label states: Hydroxyzine 10 mg/5 ml. The child weighs 20 kg. The nurse prepares to administer one dose. How many milliliters will the nurse prepare to administer one dose? Fill in the blank. Record your answer in a whole number.

Fill in the blank with correct word

Question 2

At a seminar for parents with preschool-age children, the nurse has discussed anticipatory tasks during the preschool years. Which statement by a parent should indicate a correct understanding of the teaching?

a. I should be worried if my 4-year-old child has an increase in sexual curiosity because this is a sign of sexual abuse.
  b. I should expect my 5-year-old to change from a tranquil child to an aggressive child when school starts.
  c. I should be concerned if my 4-year-old child starts telling exaggerated stories and has an imaginary playmate, since these could be signs of stress.
  d. I should expect my 3-year-old child to have a more stable appetite and an increase in food selections.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
A 3-year-old child exhibits a more stable appetite than during the toddler years and is more willing to try different foods. A 4-year-old child is imaginative and indulges in telling tall tales and may have an imaginary playmate; these are normal findings, not signs of stress. Also a 4-year-old child has an increasing curiosity in sexuality, which is not a sign of child abuse. A 5-year-old child is usually tranquil, not aggressive like a 4-year-old child.

mwit1967

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

komodo7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library