This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A health care provider prescribes hydroxyzine (Atarax), 0.6 mg/kg PO every 4 to 6 hours as needed ... (Read 29 times)

mwit1967

A health care provider prescribes hydroxyzine (Atarax), 0.6 mg/kg PO every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pruritus for a child with Kawasaki disease.

The medication label states: Hydroxyzine 10 mg/5 ml. The child weighs 20 kg. The nurse prepares to administer one dose. How many milliliters will the nurse prepare to administer one dose? Fill in the blank. Record your answer in a whole number.

Fill in the blank with correct word

Question 2

At a seminar for parents with preschool-age children, the nurse has discussed anticipatory tasks during the preschool years. Which statement by a parent should indicate a correct understanding of the teaching?

a. I should be worried if my 4-year-old child has an increase in sexual curiosity because this is a sign of sexual abuse.
  b. I should expect my 5-year-old to change from a tranquil child to an aggressive child when school starts.
  c. I should be concerned if my 4-year-old child starts telling exaggerated stories and has an imaginary playmate, since these could be signs of stress.
  d. I should expect my 3-year-old child to have a more stable appetite and an increase in food selections.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

hanadaa

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
A 3-year-old child exhibits a more stable appetite than during the toddler years and is more willing to try different foods. A 4-year-old child is imaginative and indulges in telling tall tales and may have an imaginary playmate; these are normal findings, not signs of stress. Also a 4-year-old child has an increasing curiosity in sexuality, which is not a sign of child abuse. A 5-year-old child is usually tranquil, not aggressive like a 4-year-old child.

mwit1967

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library