This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which should the nurse stress in teaching a client to deal with the symptoms of PMS? a. Decrease ... (Read 15 times)

nramada

Which should the nurse stress in teaching a client to deal with the symptoms of PMS?

a. Decrease her consumption of caffeine.
  b. Drink a small glass of wine with her evening meal.
  c. Decrease her fluid intake to prevent fluid retention.
  d. Eat three large meals a day to maintain glucose levels.

Question 2

Which statement by a client diagnosed with premenstrual syndrome indicates that further health teaching is needed?

a. I will not eat chips or pickles.
  b. I'll eat only three meals per day.
  c. Drinking alcohol makes me more depressed.
  d. Coffee and chocolate can make me more irritable and nervous.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aliotak

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Caffeine increases irritability, insomnia, anxiety, and nervousness. Alcohol aggravates depression and should be avoided. Fluid intake should not be decreased. Six smaller meals a day will help maintain glucose levels.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The client should be encouraged to eat six small meals a day to decrease the risk of hypoglycemia. Less intake of salty foods helps decrease fluid retention. Alcohol consumption aggravates depression. Caffeine consumption increases irritability, insomnia, anxiety, and nervousness.

nramada

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ultraflyy23

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

According to the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, lung disease is the third leading killer in the United States, responsible for one in seven deaths. It is the leading cause of death among infants under the age of one year.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library