This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following medical conditions could possible affect a woman's fertility status? a. ... (Read 40 times)

Sportsfan2111

Which of the following medical conditions could possible affect a woman's fertility status?

a. Past medical history of asthma during childhood that is presently under control with the use of an inhaler
  b. Recently diagnosed with PCOS
  c. Past surgical history of removal of external polyps on labial tissue
  d. History of frequent sinus headaches that is seasonal in nature treated with over-the-counter medication

Question 2

A newly married woman states, My friend told me I would never have a baby because I had pelvic inflammatory disease when I was younger. I don't understand how that can affect whether or not I get pregnant. The nurse's best response is:

a. Your friend may be right. The disease may affect your ability to conceive.
  b. Pelvic inflammatory disease may damage the ovaries and prevent ovulation.
  c. Your friend has been misinformed. Fallopian tube damage occurs only following gonorrhea.
  d. Infection may cause scarring and obstruction of the fallopian tubes, which can prevent the fertilized egg from reaching the uterus.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wergv

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) is associated with infertility issues related to syndrome presentationhormona l abnormalities, obesity, and dyslipidemia. The use of inhaler therapy for the treatment of asthma should not affect the client's fertility status. Removal of external polyps on the labia should not affect the client's fertility. A history of sinus headaches should not affect the client's fertility.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Providing the client with accurate complete information is the best response. Pelvic inflammatory disease produces scarring and obstruction of the fallopian tube if the infection is not treated. It does not occur following gonorrhea.

Sportsfan2111

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

lkanara2

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library