This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which is the most dangerous effect on the fetus of a client who smokes cigarettes while pregnant? ... (Read 26 times)

Frost2351

Which is the most dangerous effect on the fetus of a client who smokes cigarettes while pregnant?

a. Intrauterine growth restriction
  b. Genetic changes and anomalies
  c. Extensive central nervous system damage
  d. Fetal addiction to the substance inhaled

Question 2

A client has delivered twins. The first twin was stillborn, and the second is in the intensive care nursery, recovering quickly from respiratory distress. The client is crying softly and says, I wish my baby could have lived.

Which is the most therapeutic response?

a. How soon do you plan to have another baby?
  b. Don't be sad. At least you have one healthy baby.
  c. I have a friend who lost a twin and she's doing just fine now.
  d. I am so sorry about your loss. Would you like to talk about it?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LegendaryAnswers

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The major consequences of smoking tobacco during pregnancy are low-birth-weight infants, prematurity, and increased perinatal loss. Cigarettes normally will not cause genetic changes or extensive central nervous system damage. Addiction is not a normal concern with the neonate.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The nurse should recognize the woman's grief and its significance. Asking her about plans for another baby is denying the loss of the other infant. Pointing out the health of another baby is belittling her feelings. Stating that the nurse has a friend who lost a twin is denying the loss of the infant and her grief and belittling her feelings.

Frost2351

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

nyrave

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library