This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A recommendation to prevent neural tube defects (NTDs) is the supplementation of what? a. Vitamin ... (Read 37 times)

casperchen82

A recommendation to prevent neural tube defects (NTDs) is the supplementation of what?

a. Vitamin A throughout pregnancy
  b. Folic acid for all women of childbearing age
  c. Folic acid during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy
  d. Multivitamin preparations as soon as pregnancy is suspected

Question 2

The nurse should suspect a child has cerebral palsy (CP) if the parent says what?

a. My 6-month-old baby is rolling from back to prone now.
  b. My 4-month-old doesn't lift his head when on his tummy.
  c. My 8-month-old can sit without support.
  d. My 10-month-old is not walking.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nital

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The widespread use of folic acid among women of childbearing age has decreased the incidence NTDs. In the United States, the rates of NTDs have declined from 1.3 per 1000 births in 1990 to 0.3 per 1000 after the introduction of mandatory folic acid supplementation in food in 1998. Vitamin A is not related to the prevention of NTDs. Folic acid supplementation is recommended for the preconceptual period, as well as during the pregnancy. The NTD is a failure of neural tube closure during early development, the first 3 to 5 weeks.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Delayed gross motor development is a universal manifestation of CP. The child shows a delay in all motor accomplishments, and the discrepancy between motor ability and expected achievement tends to increase with successive developmental milestones as growth advances. The infant who does not lift his head when on the tummy is showing a gross motor delay, as that is seen at 0 to 3 months. The other statements are within normal growth and development expectations.

casperchen82

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library