This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman with hypertension is experiencing infertility. After reviewing her medication list, which ... (Read 25 times)

chads108

A woman with hypertension is experiencing infertility. After reviewing her medication list, which medication does the nurse advise the woman to discuss with her primary care provider?

A.
  Atenolol (Tenormin)
  B.
  Enalapril (Vasotec)
  C.
  Isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil)
  D.
  Methyldopa (Aldomet)

Question 2

The nurse has educated a woman about bromocriptine mesylate (Parlodel). Which statement by the patient indicates that she needs more teaching about this drug?

A.
  I may get a metallic taste in my mouth when using this drug.
  B.
  My endometriosis will regress with this medication.
  C.
  Some side effects include vomiting, headache, and dizziness.
  D.
  This medication normalizes follicle-stimulating hormone.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

olderstudent

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Methyldopa can cause amenorrhea and possibly interfere with fertility. Beta blockers (atenolol) can cause decreased libido, but that would not physically interfere with fertility. Isordil and enalapril do not affect fertility.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Parlodel improves the release of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, both of which help restore ovulation. Increased progesterone released by the corpus luteum supports early pregnancy. Side effects include vomiting, headache, dizziness, and a metallic taste in the mouth, among others. GnRh antagonists such as cetrorelix acetate (Cetrotide) reduce the extent of endometriosis.

chads108

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Excellent

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library