This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman with hypertension is experiencing infertility. After reviewing her medication list, which ... (Read 26 times)

chads108

A woman with hypertension is experiencing infertility. After reviewing her medication list, which medication does the nurse advise the woman to discuss with her primary care provider?

A.
  Atenolol (Tenormin)
  B.
  Enalapril (Vasotec)
  C.
  Isosorbide dinitrate (Isordil)
  D.
  Methyldopa (Aldomet)

Question 2

The nurse has educated a woman about bromocriptine mesylate (Parlodel). Which statement by the patient indicates that she needs more teaching about this drug?

A.
  I may get a metallic taste in my mouth when using this drug.
  B.
  My endometriosis will regress with this medication.
  C.
  Some side effects include vomiting, headache, and dizziness.
  D.
  This medication normalizes follicle-stimulating hormone.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

olderstudent

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Methyldopa can cause amenorrhea and possibly interfere with fertility. Beta blockers (atenolol) can cause decreased libido, but that would not physically interfere with fertility. Isordil and enalapril do not affect fertility.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Parlodel improves the release of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, both of which help restore ovulation. Increased progesterone released by the corpus luteum supports early pregnancy. Side effects include vomiting, headache, dizziness, and a metallic taste in the mouth, among others. GnRh antagonists such as cetrorelix acetate (Cetrotide) reduce the extent of endometriosis.

chads108

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library