This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse instructed an adolescent female about collecting a clean-catch urine specimen. What ... (Read 55 times)

Tazate

The nurse instructed an adolescent female about collecting a clean-catch urine specimen. What statement made by the adolescent led the nurse to determine she understood the instructions?

a. I should wash my perineum with soap and water, then begin to urinate.
  b. I clean the perineum from front to back with an antiseptic wipe before I urinate.
  c. I'll collect the first stream of urine in a sterile container.
  d. I will discard the first void and collect a freshly voided specimen 30 minutes later.

Question 2

The nurse preparing to administer medication to a 2-month-old infant discovers there is no ID bracelet on the child. What should be the next action by the nurse?

a. Give the medication after confirming the child's name from the foot of the crib.
  b. Ask the charge nurse to give the medicine.
  c. Confirm the identity with the charge nurse, make a new bracelet, and give the medicine.
  d. Delay the medication until the admissions office can supply a new ID bracelet.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

brittrenee

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
To obtain a clean-catch specimen, the perineum is cleansed with an antiseptic wipe from front to back.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
After confirmation of the child's identity with the charge nurse and making a new bracelet, the medication can be safely given. All patients should be identified before treatment.

Tazate

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Wow, this really help

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library