This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: How would the nurse advise a parent who states, I never know how much food to feed my child? a. ... (Read 25 times)

nevelica

How would the nurse advise a parent who states, I never know how much food to feed my child?

a. Serving sizes should not exceed 1 teaspoon of each type of food.
  b. Food quantities must be carefully measured to avoid overfeeding.
  c. Use 1 tablespoon of each food for each year of age as a guideline.
  d. A toddler should eat three balanced meals. Snacks are not necessary.

Question 2

What is the best advice the nurse can offer a parent concerned because her 2-year-old is very active and does not eat much?

a. Insist that the child eat one food on the plate.
  b. Help the child wind down with a quiet activity before mealtime.
  c. Maintain a consistent eating schedule for the family.
  d. Serve the meal with a variety of interesting plates, cups, and utensils.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

emily12345

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
A tablespoon of each type of food for each year of age is a good guideline to follow when determining serving sizes.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Quiet time before meals provides an opportunity for the active toddler to wind down.

nevelica

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library