Author Question: A frustrated patient in labor has been affected by decreased uterine muscle tone and reports, My ... (Read 160 times)

gonzo233

A frustrated patient in labor has been affected by decreased uterine muscle tone and reports, My doctor won't induce my labor because of some silly score. He said I was a 4. What kind of magic number do I need?

What is the lowest Bishop score the patient should have prior to induction?

a.
  b.
  c.
  d.

Question 2

What nursing assessment should be reported immediately after an amniotomy?

a. Fetal heart rate is regular at 154 beats/min.
  b. Amniotic fluid is clear with flecks of vernix.
  c. Amniotic fluid is watery and pale green.
  d. Maternal temperature is 37.8  C.

mtmmmmmk

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The Bishop score evaluates the suitability of the patient for a vaginal delivery. A minimum score of 6 is recommended by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Amniotic fluid should be clear. Green fluid indicates the fetus has passed meconium, which is associated with fetal compromise.