Author Question: If I want to study the effect of different types of lighting on a task by using a between groups ... (Read 29 times)

MGLQZ

If I want to study the effect of different types of lighting on a task by using a between groups design, I would have _____.

a. all participants do the task with direct lighting
  b. all participants do the task both with direct lighting and with indirect lighting
  c. all participants would do the task with indirect lighting
  d. Willy, Sue, and Ida do the task with direct lighting and have Terry, Joe, and Millie do the task with indirect lighting.

Question 2

In a _____ design, each participant experiences each different condition of the independent variable.

a. independent groups c. repeated measures
  b. between groups d. between subjects

momo1250

Answer to Question 1

D
In a between groups design, different participants experience different conditions of the independent variable. The independent variable is the one manipulated by the experimenter (in this case, lighting).

Answer to Question 2

C
In a repeated measures design, all participants experience all levels or amounts of the independent variable.