This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A false alarm is to _____ as a miss is to _____. a. Type I error; Type II error b. Type II ... (Read 64 times)

karen

A false alarm is to _____ as a miss is to _____.

a. Type I error; Type II error
  b. Type II error; Type I error
  c. null hypothesis; alternative hypothesis
  d. alternative hypothesis; null hypothesis

Question 2

A liberal statistical test is one that:

a. minimizes both type I and type II errors.
  b. minimizes type I errors but increases type II errors.
 c. minimizes type II errors but increases type I errors.
 d. decreases the chance of type I errors.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cascooper22

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

c

karen

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

apple

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library