This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A Type I error is known as a _______ and a Type II error is known as a _____. a. false positive, ... (Read 23 times)

Jkov05

A Type I error is known as a _______ and a Type II error is known as a _____.

a. false positive, false negative
  b. false negative, false positive.
  c. sample error, population error.
   d. population error, sample error.

Question 2

What is the term often associated with the random variability introduced into every study as a
   function of the group of subjects participating, as well as many other unforeseen factors?

a) systematic error
  b) non-normality
  c) biased sampling
  d) chance

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tdewitt

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

d

Jkov05

Reply 2 on: Jul 13, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

coreycathey

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library