This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A fallacy of composition is to assume that a. you can determine the composition of a complex ... (Read 76 times)

frankwu

A fallacy of composition is to assume that
 a. you can determine the composition of a complex product just by examining its exterior properties
  b. consumer durable goods today do not last as long as they did a generation ago
  c. any mistakes made in producing a product using an assembly line technique will lead to a compounding of errors as the product moves down the line
  d. what is true for any individual component in a group is true for the group as a whole
  e. when I was young I liked cotton candy, but now that I'm older I no longer like it

Question 2

Which of the following is not an example of the fallacy of composition?
 a. If I can get to work fastest by taking the interstate, so can everyone else.
  b. If you can only get away from it all by going to Fairbanks, everyone who needs to get away should go to Fairbanks.
  c. If the quickest way to get off a sinking ship is to run to the nearest lifeboat, all the passengers should do this.
  d. If the best TV reception can be gotten with a Couch Potato antenna, then everyone should have a Couch Potato antenna.
  e. If I can get a better view by standing up at the baseball game, everyone gets a better view by standing up.