Author Question: Alison consumes only tea and cookies and consumes them only in equal proportions. What is Alison's ... (Read 52 times)

chandani

Alison consumes only tea and cookies and consumes them only in equal proportions. What is Alison's income elasticity of demand for tea?

What will be an ideal response?

Question 2

All Nash equilibria consist of Dominant Strategies

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

chjcharjto14

Answer to Question 1

First, derive the demand equation using the budget constraint and the fact that T = C. Then
T = I/(pt + pc)
Using calculus,
T/I = -I/(pt + pc)2
The income elasticity is:
T = -I/(pt + pc)2  (I/T) = -1

Answer to Question 2

False. Games with multiple Nash equilibria are not DS.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library