Author Question: A young boy was running with a pencil and tripped. The pencil impaled the boy's left eye and remains ... (Read 154 times)

lak

A young boy was running with a pencil and tripped. The pencil impaled the boy's left eye and remains lodged in place. He is in his mother's arms and both are crying hysterically. Appropriate care for the eye would include:

A) carefully removing the pencil from the eye to prevent the loss of vision, then providing immediate transport.
  B) applying ice to the affected eye to decrease pressure, swelling, and subsequent damage.
  C) applying gentle pressure to the pencil and eye to prevent movement followed by immediate transport.
  D) covering both eyes and providing immediate transport.

Question 2

A medical direction physician gives you a radio order to administer aspirin to a patient with chest pain. How should you respond to the order?

A) Received. I will administer 81 mg aspirin orally.
  B) Copy. I will administer the medication.
  C) I will re-contact you with any changes in the patient's condition.
  D) Affirmative. The patient has no allergies and I will administer the aspirin orally.

dyrone

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library