This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You are in the first-aid area assisting a patient who just arrived with chest pain. He relates a ... (Read 16 times)

Redwolflake15

You are in the first-aid area assisting a patient who just arrived with chest pain. He relates a history of angina that usually resolves with nitroglycerin. The patient states that the pain started when he was skiing through the bumps. Over the last 20 minutes, he has taken three nitroglycerin tablets and rested, but the pain has not gone away. Your next action would be to:

a. try one more nitroglycerin tablet because nitroglycerin usually relieves his pain.
  b. attach an AED in case he goes into cardiac arrest.
  c. place him on high-flow oxygen.
  d. check his blood pressure because he has taken three nitroglycerin tablets.

Question 2

Which of the following statements made by a patient would cause you to suspect an aortic abdominal aneurysm?

a. I have really bad belly pain that I also feel in my back.
  b. My heart is beating so hard, you can feel it on my chest.
  c. The pain is sharp and spreads to both arms.
  d. I seem to be vomiting up some blood.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Koolkid240

Answer to Question 1

Answer: c

Answer to Question 2

Answer: a

Redwolflake15

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
Excellent

amcvicar

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library