This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 71-year-old female is complaining of the sudden onset of shortness of breath and rapid breathing. ... (Read 78 times)

jparksx

A 71-year-old female is complaining of the sudden onset of shortness of breath and rapid breathing. She also states that she is experiencing some chest pain that seems to worsen when she takes a deep breath. The primary assessment shows her to be alert and oriented with a patent airway and rapid breathing that is adequate. Her pulse rate is 92 per minute and her blood pressure is 116/68 mmHg. When obtaining a history, which statement made by the patient should raise your suspicion that the patient may be experiencing a pulmonary embolism?

A) I think that I may also have a fever.
  B) I had foot surgery five days ago.
  C) I just started a new blood pressure medication today.
  D) I had a headache earlier and took an aspirin.

Question 2

The EMT understands the importance of evaluating the mechanism of injury when he states:

A) The mechanism of injury is useful in determining the exact injuries the patient has sustained.
  B) Evaluating the mechanism of injury is important since it determines whether emergency transport to the hospital is needed.
  C) The mechanism of injury is a useful tool in determining if the patient's outcome will be good or bad.
  D) The mechanism of injury can be used to guide your assessment and treatment of the patient.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

k.lashomb

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

D

jparksx

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
Excellent

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library