This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A man has been bitten in his arm by his dog. He states that the bite occurred several hours earlier ... (Read 40 times)

D2AR0N

A man has been bitten in his arm by his dog. He states that the bite occurred several hours earlier when he accidentally stepped on the dog's paw. When asked, he tells you that the dog is up-to-date on all of her shots, including the rabies vaccine. Assessment reveals two small puncture wounds to the hand with some bruising in the surrounding tissue. The patient wants to refuse treatment and transport. Given these assessment findings, which one of the following indicates the primary reason the patient should be seen in the emergency department?

A) Risk for infection
  B) Possible shock from blood loss
  C) Need to complete a police report
  D) Prevent formation of a contusion

Question 2

Which of the following patient remarks best reinforces your suspicion that he is in the early stages of hypovolemic shock?

A) I have had diarrhea for the past four days.
  B) I fell last night and think I hurt my belly; see the bruise?
  C) I must have fallen and hit my head. I am very confused and restless.
  D) I have been coughing up green mucus and feel weak.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AngeliqueG

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

D2AR0N

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
Wow, this really help

alexanderhamilton

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library