Author Question: En route to the hospital, your patient says, You know, I haven't had a date since my spouse died six ... (Read 20 times)

elizabeth18

En route to the hospital, your patient says, You know, I haven't had a date since my spouse died six years ago. Why don't you take down my phone number and call me? Which of the following is an appropriate response?

A) I'm sure you understand my situation. I'm here to provide you with medical care and transportation to the hospital. It isn't proper for me to have anything but a professional relationship with you.
  B) That is an inappropriate request, and I expect that you'll not make any further suggestions that we might become personally involved.
  C) It isn't that I don't find you attractive; I certainly do, but it isn't proper for me to have a personal relationship with a patient.
  D) I can't call you because of professional ethics, but my phone number is listed in the book.

Question 2

Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of dementia?

A) It has a slow, progressive onset.
  B) It is generally reversible when the underlying cause is treated.
  C) Its most common cause is Alzheimer's disease.
  D) Memory is greatly impaired.

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B