Author Question: When assessing a 27-year-old patient who is eight months pregnant, which one of the following ... (Read 21 times)

schs14

When assessing a 27-year-old patient who is eight months pregnant, which one of the following statements should the EMT be most concerned about?

A) I had some belly cramps two weeks ago.
  B) I was a drug addict when I was a teenager.
  C) I have not been able to see the doctor this pregnancy.
  D) My last baby came two weeks late.

Question 2

A 17-year-old male with cerebral palsy and severe mental retardation fell down five stairs and is crying. To best determine if the patient is in pain, the EMT should:

A) ask the father to ask the patient.
  B) thoroughly assess the patient for injury.
  C) defer this task to the emergency department.
  D) call for advanced life support assistance.

mmj22343

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library