This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The intent of which Act is to ensure that when employees retire, they receive deserved pensions? ... (Read 57 times)

go.lag

The intent of which Act is to ensure that when employees retire, they receive deserved pensions?

A) Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
  B) Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
  C) Older Workers Benefit Protection Act
  D) Employee Retirement Income Security Act

Question 2

Based on the equity theory, which of the following, if true, would strengthen the argument that Megan is trying to gain a sense of equity by distorting her perception of herself?

A) She thinks that her colleague is paid more because she is an Ivy League graduate.
  B) She believes that she is less capable than her colleague.
  C) She assumes that her colleague received a higher package due to changes in industry standards.
  D) She believes that her salary is not commensurate with her skills and experience.
  E) She believes that she is doing a lot better career-wise compared to the people with whom she graduated.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

al

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

Answer to Question 2

B
Explanation: B) Based on equity theory, employees who perceive inequity can distort their perceptions of themselvesI used to think I worked at a moderate pace, but now I realize I work a lot harder than everyone else. If Megan believes that she is less capable than her colleague, then this would imply that she has distorted her perception of herself. If she thinks that her colleague is paid more because she is an Ivy League graduate, then she is distorting her perception of her colleague. This would also be true if she assumes that her colleague received a higher package due to changes in industry standards. If Megan believes that her salary is not commensurate with her skills and experience, then this neither strengthens nor weakens the argumentit only implies that she is experiencing a sense of inequity. If she believes that she is doing a lot better career-wise compared to the people with whom she graduated, then this would mean she is choosing a different referent.

go.lag

Reply 2 on: Jul 6, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tkempin

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library