This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: ________ is a situation where a manager has the ability to make accurate decisions because the ... (Read 65 times)

fbq8i

________ is a situation where a manager has the ability to make accurate decisions because the outcome of every alternative is known.

Question 2

What is meant by bounded rationality and satisficing?

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

akemokai

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

Answer: Despite the unrealistic assumptions of perfect rationality, managers are expected to be rational when making decisions. It is understood that good decision makers are supposed to do certain things and exhibit good decision-making behaviors as they identify problems, consider alternatives, gather information, and act decisively but prudently. When they do so, they show others that they are competent and that their decisions are the result of intelligent deliberation. However, a more realistic approach to describing how managers make decisions is the concept of bounded rationality. According to this concept, managers make decisions rationally, but are limited by their ability to process information.
Because they cannot possibly analyze all information on all alternatives, managers satisfice, rather than maximize. That is, they accept solutions that are good enough. Thus, they become rational within the limits of their ability to process information.

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 7, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

softEldritch

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library