This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Of the following, the instructional approach which most strongly integrates reading and writing with ... (Read 36 times)

maegan_martin

Of the following, the instructional approach which most strongly integrates reading and writing with social studies is the:

a) literature circle
  b) literature focus unit
  c) reading workshop
  d) thematic unit

Question 2

A fourth-grade teacher organized a series she called Friday afternoons with an artist by inviting well-known, local artists to visit the class and share their works with them. The artists included, for example, a commercial artist for the newspaper, a woman who designs clothing that is representative of different historical eras, a bluegrass trio that performs at community events, and a children's playground designer who was responsible for the new park. The principal asks her what she expects children to learn from this. What might be an appropriate answer?

A) It will help them to get in touch with their own creative side and become more free spirited.
  B) Creativity is an important skill in today's society. The children are acquiring the knowledge, skills, dispositions, and feelings about their diverse community and ways to contribute to it through their original work.
  C) I think that children need a break from academic tasks on Friday afternoons and so do I.
  D) I enjoy the arts and I think it is important for children to learn this during their elementary school years.