Author Question: Which of the following is a correct statement about regulated health care professions? a. The ... (Read 31 times)

swpotter12

Which of the following is a correct statement about regulated health care professions?

a. The regulated scope of practice will differ between hospitals.
  b. Members of a regulated health profession are responsible for recognizing the limits of their scope of practice.
  c. It is the responsibility of the hospital to assign the scope of practice.
  d. The scope of practice is not important if you have unregulated workers.

Question 2

Which response by the patient following discharge teaching would require further teaching?

a. I should weigh myself daily since I started on Lasix (furosemide) for my heart failure..
  b. I need to check my blood glucose after eating..
  c. I should take my Lanoxin (digoxin) with my morning medications..
  d. I need my blood checked frequently now that I am on Coumadin (warfarin)..

guyanai

Answer to Question 1

b

a. Incorrect: The scope of practice for nurses is regulated by the provincial regulatory body and is applicable to all nurses working in that province/territory.
b. Correct: Members of a regulated health profession are accountable for the standards of practice set by their registering/licensing body. They are educated to work within their scope and recognize the limits of their scope of practice within health care.
c. Incorrect: The scope of practice for nurses is regulated by the provincial regulatory body, not by hospitals, and is applicable to all nurses working in that province/territory.
d. Incorrect: It is the responsibility of the regulated health care professional to understand their scope of practice, regardless of their work with other health care disciplines.

Answer to Question 2

B

Feedback
A This is a correct statement and therefore does not require further teaching.
B This statement is not correct and therefore requires further teaching.
C This is a correct statement and therefore does not require further teaching.
D This is a correct statement and therefore does not require further teaching.