This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A disaster is a sudden event that can cause great destruction and human suffering and often requires ... (Read 27 times)

ap345

A disaster is a sudden event that can cause great destruction and human suffering and often requires external assistance.

Which of the following statements are accurate depictions of various types of disasters or disaster-related definitions (select all that apply)? a. A cyber disaster is a catastrophic event that results from the use of information technology systems.
  b. A catastrophic event caused by the use of weapons is a radiological disaster.
  c. A biological disaster occurs when there is a deliberate or unintentional release of biological materials that may affect the health of those exposed.
  d. A chemical disaster occurs when there is deliberate or unintentional release of bio-logical materials that may adversely affect the health of those exposed.
  e. A hazard vulnerability analysis is an exer-cise that identifies an organization's po-tential emergencies.

Question 2

A first-year nursing student has received a midterm grade of D and is disappointed. She says to the instructor, I just don't have enough time to do all the reading and assignments.

I have to work; I have two children; I have to do grocery shopping, make the meals, and participate in a carpool; and I just don't have enough time to study. The nursing instructor suggests which of the following to her? a. Setting priorities
  b. Obtaining counseling and tutoring
  c. Developing a time plan and schedule
  d. Dropping out of school for the semester

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Natalie4ever

Answer to Question 1

A, C, E
A cyber disaster is catastrophic event that results from the use of information technology systems to control or disrupt critical infrastructure systems. A biological disaster occurs when there is a deliberate or unintentional release of biological materials that may affect the health of those ex-posed. A hazard vulnerability analysis is an exercise that identifies an organization's potential emergencies, the likelihood of the event occurring, and the impact it would have on the organiza-tion.

Answer to Question 2

C
Often, management strategies surround the analysis, setting of priorities, internal motivation, and planning for effective time management. Developing action plans and schedules can help align time use better with desired outcomes.

ap345

Reply 2 on: Jul 7, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

carojassy25

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library