This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A hospital has sustained massive destruction after being struck by a tornado. The disaster plan has ... (Read 27 times)

Hungry!

A hospital has sustained massive destruction after being struck by a tornado. The disaster plan has been activated. The administrator would expect help from which agency to coordinate the disaster efforts?

1. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
  2. The Joint Commission
  3. The Office of Homeland Security
  4. Congress

Question 2

An inexperienced speaker is practicing the delivery of a speech. Which statement indicates a lack of understanding about how easily communication is distorted?

1. I know I can better connect with my audience with good eye contact.
  2. If I repeat a complicated section in another way, comprehension is improved.
  3. If I know the background of the audience, it can help with tailoring the content.
  4. The topic is not complicated, so I don't have to worry about misunderstanding.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

randomguy133

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Congress directed FEMA to coordinate disaster efforts.
Rationale 2: The Joint Commission does not coordinate disaster efforts, but does ensure that the hospital has a plan.
Rationale 3: The Office of Homeland Security would be part of the disaster recovery effort, but would not be the coordinating service.
Rationale 4: Congress has designated organizations to coordinate relief efforts, but would not direct those efforts.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Eye contact can assist in keeping the message clear.
Rationale 2: Repeating the message can assist in keeping the message clear.
Rationale 3: Tailoring the message can assist in keeping it clear.
Rationale 4: It does not matter how uncomplicated the topic is; misunderstandings and distortions can still occur.
Global Rationale:

Hungry!

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

mochi09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library