This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An ICU manager is taking classes toward earning a masters degree in nursing. The manager realizes ... (Read 72 times)

a0266361136

An ICU manager is taking classes toward earning a masters degree in nursing. The manager realizes employee characteristics that most influence job effectiveness are:

1. Ability and motivation.
  2. Age and religion.
  3. Education and gender.
  4. Experience and attitude.

Question 2

Which statements would alert a nurse manager that a unit conflict has become disruptive? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. I won't stop until I have gotten her fired.
  2. He doesn't fight fairly.
  3. I've almost forgotten what started this, I just focused on beating her.
  4. I am going to win this argument.
  5. He is so wrong, he just has to go.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

okolip

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Research has found an employees ability and motivation to be two major dimensions that
most affect the employees effectiveness. Age, religion, education, gender, experience, and
attitude are employee characteristics that may or may not affect job effectiveness.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Conflict that is focused on reduction, defeat, or elimination of the opponent is disruptive.
Rationale 2: Competitive conflict follows a set of rules. When rules are ignored, the conflict becomes disruptive.
Rationale 3: Focus on defeating the opponent is disruptive.
Rationale 4: In competitive conflict the focus is on winning, not on defeating or eliminating the opponent.
Rationale 5: An urge to eliminate the competitor is reflective of the competition becoming disruptive.
Global Rationale:

a0266361136

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library