This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse manager has just posted the membership list for a newly formed quality management task ... (Read 23 times)

elizabeth18

A nurse manager has just posted the membership list for a newly formed quality management task force. Which statement, overheard by the manager, indicates the most potential for problems on the team?

1. I'm glad I didn't get chosen for this task force. I'm so busy with my kids right now.
  2. I was on one of these teams at my last hospital.
  3. This is certainly an interesting choice of people to put together.
  4. She is such a good nurse; I hope she doesn't work herself too hard.

Question 2

Which statement may reveal that the team member making the comment has a hidden agenda?

1. I don't understand the second of the goals we are discussing.
  2. Are we voting on this outcome or has it already been decided?
  3. I have to remember to add membership on the team to my resume.
  4. Are there other teams working on similar projects on other units in the hospital?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jojobee318

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: It would have been more detrimental to the group to have a member assigned who does not have adequate time to participate.
Rationale 2: While it might be good to have an experienced person on the team, this statement does not indicate a potential problem.
Rationale 3: This statement may reveal that members assigned to the team have problems working together. The manager should be watchful for any personality issues that might arise.
Rationale 4: Everyone who is assigned to a team is at risk of overworking. This is not the most concerning of the statements.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Clarification of information not understood is not evidence of a hidden agenda.
Rationale 2: Clarification of the processes of the team is not evidence of a hidden agenda.
Rationale 3: Concern over adding items to one's resume could indicate that the team member is more interested in personal achievement than in the goals of the team.
Rationale 4: Understanding the relationship between the team and other units in the organization is not a sign of a hidden agenda.
Global Rationale:

elizabeth18

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

rachel

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library