This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse manager has just posted the membership list for a newly formed quality management task ... (Read 26 times)

elizabeth18

A nurse manager has just posted the membership list for a newly formed quality management task force. Which statement, overheard by the manager, indicates the most potential for problems on the team?

1. I'm glad I didn't get chosen for this task force. I'm so busy with my kids right now.
  2. I was on one of these teams at my last hospital.
  3. This is certainly an interesting choice of people to put together.
  4. She is such a good nurse; I hope she doesn't work herself too hard.

Question 2

Which statement may reveal that the team member making the comment has a hidden agenda?

1. I don't understand the second of the goals we are discussing.
  2. Are we voting on this outcome or has it already been decided?
  3. I have to remember to add membership on the team to my resume.
  4. Are there other teams working on similar projects on other units in the hospital?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jojobee318

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: It would have been more detrimental to the group to have a member assigned who does not have adequate time to participate.
Rationale 2: While it might be good to have an experienced person on the team, this statement does not indicate a potential problem.
Rationale 3: This statement may reveal that members assigned to the team have problems working together. The manager should be watchful for any personality issues that might arise.
Rationale 4: Everyone who is assigned to a team is at risk of overworking. This is not the most concerning of the statements.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Clarification of information not understood is not evidence of a hidden agenda.
Rationale 2: Clarification of the processes of the team is not evidence of a hidden agenda.
Rationale 3: Concern over adding items to one's resume could indicate that the team member is more interested in personal achievement than in the goals of the team.
Rationale 4: Understanding the relationship between the team and other units in the organization is not a sign of a hidden agenda.
Global Rationale:

elizabeth18

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library