Author Question: The nurse supervisor would like to delegate accreditation preparation activities to the nurse ... (Read 41 times)

casperchen82

The nurse supervisor would like to delegate accreditation preparation activities to the nurse manager. The manager is unsure of what is expected and has no experience with accreditation.

How should the manager respond? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. I'll be glad to work on this task.
  2. I will need some education on the accreditation process before I can accept this task.
  3. I don't have time to add that to my work.
  4. Please tell me more about what this assignment entails.
  5. I'm not interested in working on this project.

Question 2

A night shift supervisor has been called to the emergency department to assist in managing a violent situation with a visitor.

Once the violent person has been contained and security and police have responded, what should be the supervisor's next action? 1. Notify staff on other nursing units.
  2. Notify the violent person's physician.
  3. Complete an incident report.
  4. No action is necessary; the situation has been managed.

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The manager should not accept a task until it is clear.
Rationale 2: The manager should be clear about not having the required skill set, but should indicate willingness to take the job if education is provided.
Rationale 3: The problem is that the manager is not confident of his or her skills, not that time is not available.
Rationale 4: The manager should clarify the task before accepting or refusing it.
Rationale 5: Working on accreditation would help this nurse manager in career advancement.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The violent person is contained and security and police have arrived, so it is not necessary to alert other staff regarding the situation.
Rationale 2: It is inappropriate to call the violent person's physician.
Rationale 3: An incident report is a part of the reporting process for violent events.
Rationale 4: The supervisor does have duties following a violent episode.
Global Rationale: