This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statements reveal that the nurse being described has real power? Note: Credit will be given ... (Read 21 times)

go.lag

Which statements reveal that the nurse being described has real power? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. She is so powerful. I have to admit I'm a little afraid of her.
  2. I have such respect for her and the work she does.
  3. It is an honor to work with her.
  4. She had an opportunity to go to another hospital, but she chose to stay here and help us through accreditation.
  5. She knows how to use her power to get what she wants.

Question 2

After attending a how to refresher course on successful delegation, which statement indicates successful learning has taken place?

1. I never knew I could actually benefit myself, the delegate, and the organization by taking a few minutes
  to thoughtfully delegate tasks to others.
  2. Delegation has no benefit on our unit since our clients are so frequently admitted and discharged.
  3. I just dont understand how people think delegation is not a benefit to everyone; all you have to do is tell
  other people what to do.
  4. I never knew delegation only required me to tell others what to do, and by when to have it completed.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

carojassy25

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Real power does not come from fear.
Rationale 2: Respect is one of the principles of principle-centered or real power.
Rationale 3: Honor is one of the principles of principle-centered or real power.
Rationale 4: Loyalty is one of the principles of principle-centered or real power.
Rationale 5: Using power for one's own purposes is not part of principle-centered or real power.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. Delegation does save time if done effectively, which benefits all levels of the organization. All
units have time to delegate because delegators explain the task specifics, and then can move on
to the next priority task. The delegate not only needs to know what to do, and when it needs to
be completed, but also needs to know why the delegator needs the delegate to do it.

go.lag

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

alexanderhamilton

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library