This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by the nurse manager is an example of the first step of delegation? 1. I ... (Read 22 times)

cherise1989

Which statement made by the nurse manager is an example of the first step of delegation?

1. I will designate a person with good time management skills to be the delegate for this task.
  2. The outcomes of this project will be evaluated by nursing administration in six months.
  3. I am going to delegate the responsibility of creating the vacation schedule.
  4. I will monitor your progress throughout the project and give you feedback.

Question 2

The nurse educator has recruited nursing preceptors to work with senior nursing students. The educator is teaching the preceptors about power and the education process. Which statement by a preceptor indicates learning has been effective?

1. I am only showing the student how to take care of patients, so I have no need for power.
  2. I can use power to teach the student how to motivate, communicate, and achieve outcomes.
  3. I do not want to give the student the idea that nurses are all about who has the most power.
  4. I can use power to ensure that other disciplines know I am the one who really does the work.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cdmart10

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. The first step of the process is to identify and define the task that will be delegated.
Designating a person as the delegate is incorrect because the appointment of a delegate occurs
after the task has been identified. Evaluation of outcomes is incorrect because a clear definition
of the expectations of the delegate occurs midway in the delegation process. Monitoring
progress is incorrect because monitoring performance occurs after the delegated tasks have
been carried out.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The nurse preceptor needs power to be effective in the teaching role.
Rationale 2: Nurses must use power to influence others.
Rationale 3: Nurses must use power to influence others. Power in this situation does not have a negative connotation.
Rationale 4: This statement about who really does the work is not an appropriate use of power.
Global Rationale:

cherise1989

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

alvinum

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The U.S. Pharmacopeia Medication Errors Reporting Program states that approximately 50% of all medication errors involve insulin.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library