This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which indicates understanding of how communication with difficult people should be handled? 1. I ... (Read 64 times)

luvbio

Which indicates understanding of how communication with difficult people should be handled?

1. I will ask a person upset about an issue to immediately sit down with me to talk about it.
  2. Most upset people just want their concerns heard and fixed as quickly as possible.
  3. I will try to figure out the underlying issue that is causing the persons distress and try to address it.
  4. I will send anyone who seems upset to discuss the issue with a supervisor or manager.

Question 2

Leaders and managers often exercise power differently. Select the powers most frequently used by leaders. Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Reward power
  2. Information power
  3. Legitimate power
  4. Expert power
  5. Referent power

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Brummell1998

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Most people who are upset have an issue causing them to be difficult and the nurse should
attempt to find out the exact issue causing the problem. More activity, such as getting a drink,
may be more effective than sitting still to defuse the situation. Individuals who are upset
sometimes just need someone to listen and may not have an issue to fix. The Band -Aid quick
fix is not always a good idea. Nurses should try to discuss the issue with the person before
seeking a supervisor or manager.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: A leader may not have reward power unless the leader is also the manager. Leaders can be formal or informal.
Rationale 2: A leader may have information power.
Rationale 3: A leader may not have legitimate power unless the leader is also the manager. Leaders can be formal or informal.
Rationale 4: A leader may have expert power.
Rationale 5: A leader may have referent power.
Global Rationale:

luvbio

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library