This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager orienting newly hired nurses has explained the organization's blame-free ... (Read 99 times)

faduma

The nurse manager orienting newly hired nurses has explained the organization's blame-free environment. Which remark by one of the nurses indicates understanding of the policy?

1. If I make a mistake and report it, I will not be reprimanded or punished.
  2. When I make a mistake, I should immediately fill out an incident report.
  3. It is left up to each employee to self-monitor so we do not report others' mistakes.
  4. When I make a mistake, I should report it and look for ways to prevent it from recurring.

Question 2

The nurse manager is concerned about a family members complaint regarding professional behavior of a nurse on the unit. Which is the most effective method to address this issue?

1. Post a memo to the nursing staff about expected professional behavior.
  2. Send an e-mail to the nursing staff about expected professional behavior.
  3. Address the complaint with the individual nurse via the telephone.
  4. Discuss the complaint with the individual nurse face to face.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ynlevi

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: If the nurse is involved in at-risk or reckless behavior that results in an error, action will be taken.
Rationale 2: Incident reports are not the first step after making a mistake.
Rationale 3: Failure to report personal mistakes or the mistakes of others is an at-risk behavior and is not tolerated in a blame-free environment.
Rationale 4: Mistakes should be reported and reflected upon so that the same mistakes will not be made again.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. The more important or difficult issues should be communicated face to face to the nurse
involved so that the individuals response can be seen and questions can be answered
appropriately. Posting a memo is incorrect because the purpose of a memo is to convey general
information to a group, and it has a low level of personal intimacy. Sending an e -mail is
incorrect because the purpose of e-mail is to broadcast information to large groups, and it has
a low level of personal intimacy. Addressing the complaint over the telephone is incorrect
because a telephone conversation is less intimate than face-to-face communication, and the
individuals response cannot be seen.

faduma

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

steff9894

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library