This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager orienting newly hired nurses has explained the organization's blame-free ... (Read 101 times)

faduma

The nurse manager orienting newly hired nurses has explained the organization's blame-free environment. Which remark by one of the nurses indicates understanding of the policy?

1. If I make a mistake and report it, I will not be reprimanded or punished.
  2. When I make a mistake, I should immediately fill out an incident report.
  3. It is left up to each employee to self-monitor so we do not report others' mistakes.
  4. When I make a mistake, I should report it and look for ways to prevent it from recurring.

Question 2

The nurse manager is concerned about a family members complaint regarding professional behavior of a nurse on the unit. Which is the most effective method to address this issue?

1. Post a memo to the nursing staff about expected professional behavior.
  2. Send an e-mail to the nursing staff about expected professional behavior.
  3. Address the complaint with the individual nurse via the telephone.
  4. Discuss the complaint with the individual nurse face to face.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ynlevi

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: If the nurse is involved in at-risk or reckless behavior that results in an error, action will be taken.
Rationale 2: Incident reports are not the first step after making a mistake.
Rationale 3: Failure to report personal mistakes or the mistakes of others is an at-risk behavior and is not tolerated in a blame-free environment.
Rationale 4: Mistakes should be reported and reflected upon so that the same mistakes will not be made again.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. The more important or difficult issues should be communicated face to face to the nurse
involved so that the individuals response can be seen and questions can be answered
appropriately. Posting a memo is incorrect because the purpose of a memo is to convey general
information to a group, and it has a low level of personal intimacy. Sending an e -mail is
incorrect because the purpose of e-mail is to broadcast information to large groups, and it has
a low level of personal intimacy. Addressing the complaint over the telephone is incorrect
because a telephone conversation is less intimate than face-to-face communication, and the
individuals response cannot be seen.

faduma

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

milbourne11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

More than 20 million Americans cite use of marijuana within the past 30 days, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). More than 8 million admit to using it almost every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library