Author Question: What is the primary reason a nurse manager would confront a nurse who has been reported for ... (Read 105 times)

Haya94

What is the primary reason a nurse manager would confront a nurse who has been reported for violating infection control policy?

1. To punish the guilty
  2. To protect the institution from liability
  3. To set an example for other employees
  4. To encourage the correct behavior

Question 2

Which of the following statements exemplify the attributes of critical thinking essential to nurses? Select all that apply.

1. I am always curious about why we do things like we do.
  2. I think we need to hurry up and make a decision.
  3. Can you help me understand your perspective a little better?
  4. Lets go into this conference room where I can hear you better.
  5. I dont think that your concern is necessarily pertinent to this issue.
  6. I dont think I can make that decision until I have more information.

LP

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The manager does not confront policy violations as a means of punishment.
Rationale 2: The primary reason for confrontation is not as a protection from liability.
Rationale 3: The manager does not confront policy violators to set an example for others.
Rationale 4: The primary reason a manager confronts policy violation or inappropriate behavior is to encourage correct behavior.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

1, 3, 4, 5, 6
Explanation: 1. All of the options reflect attributes of critical thinking except for the statement indicating that
that we need to hurry and make a decision. A critical thinker is not in a hurry to make a
decision until all the facts are known and can be considered for the best alternative.