This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A manager has conducted a nurse's evaluation, focusing a large portion of the appraisal on the ... (Read 16 times)

Yolanda

A manager has conducted a nurse's evaluation, focusing a large portion of the appraisal on the nurse's personality. The nurse does not agree with the appraisal and contacts the human resources director.

What is the soundest basis on which to dispute the appraisal? 1. The appraisal is incomplete.
  2. The appraisal is unfair.
  3. The appraisal is not valid.
  4. The nurse's perception of the appraisal is unjustified.

Question 2

A nurse manager is faced with the task of introducing an unpopular change to a staff that includes several nurses who have acted as rejecters to previous changes.

The manager expects resistance but hopes to identify these rejecters early in the process. The manager should be particularly alert to which statements? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. I don't care what they say; I'm not giving care that way.
  2. I don't think this is going to work, but I'll probably come around to it sooner or later.
  3. I'm not crazy about this idea, but we do need to change how we are providing care.
  4. I bet I can make it very difficult for this change to occur.
  5. It won't be so bad. I like change.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mirabriestensky

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The appraisal is technically not incomplete, but it is insufficient.
Rationale 2: There is not enough information to judge the fairness of the appraisal.
Rationale 3: Because the majority of the appraisal focused on the nurse's personality, the appraisal is not valid. The focus of the appraisal should be how the nurse's actions affect the work of the unit.
Rationale 4: There is not enough information to judge whether the nurse's perception of the appraisal is justified.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Rejecters often respond with active opposition.
Rationale 2: This statement is characteristic of an early or late majority resister.
Rationale 3: Acknowledging that change is necessary is characteristic of an early adopter.
Rationale 4: Making the change more difficult is a form of sabotage, which is characteristic of a rejecter.
Rationale 5: Innovators love change and thrive on it.
Global Rationale:

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

alexanderhamilton

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

It is important to read food labels and choose foods with low cholesterol and saturated trans fat. You should limit saturated fat to no higher than 6% of daily calories.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

To combat osteoporosis, changes in lifestyle and diet are recommended. At-risk patients should include 1,200 to 1,500 mg of calcium daily either via dietary means or with supplements.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library