This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A newly licensed nurse is considering a job offer at a hospital that offers a residency program. The ... (Read 39 times)

kshipps

A newly licensed nurse is considering a job offer at a hospital that offers a residency program. The nurse should expect to be in this program for up to _____ months. Standard Text:

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

A staff nurse is not meeting job expectations. The manager has followed some standard strategies such as counseling to try to motivate the nurse, but they have not been successful.

When discussing the situation with the supervisor, the manager says, I think I will try shaping strategies. What can the supervisor expect of the staff nurse's performance? 1. It should gradually move toward the expected behaviors.
  2. The behaviors will likely get worse before they get better.
  3. The nurse will probably get frustrated and resign.
  4. Performance should be at expected levels within a week.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amynguyen1221

Answer to Question 1

Rationale : Residency programs are 12- to 18-month programs designed to acclimate new graduates to the work environment.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Shaping consists of moving the person toward desired behaviors a little at a time.
Rationale 2: Shaping should not make behaviors worse.
Rationale 3: Resignation is not the goal of shaping.
Rationale 4: It may take weeks to get behaviors to their expected levels.
Global Rationale:

kshipps

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library